Help your Sims survive and thrive on an uncharted island and build a life from scratch after washing ashore on a deserted tropical island. Overcome the forces of nature to help them become the ultimate survivors and thrive in this undiscovered paradise while unearthing clues that will lead them back to civilization. Build shelters, craft unique items, and discover many useful treasures and ancient mysteries hidden deep within a diverse jungle environment filled with plants, fruits, and even wildlife. Your Sims change as they take on the challenges of island life and learn to survive in style. Create a new life for your Sims on an uncharted island in The Sims 2 Castaway.
* Stay Alive! û Help your Sim meet basic needs to survive.
* Discover Diverse Islands û Explore a variety of new environments: beaches, caves, lagoons, jungle, plains, and volcanic mountains.
* Craft Everything û Create a new life from scratch. Develop tools, build shelter, craft furniture, create clothing, and make art & entertainment.
* Gather and Collect û Gather fish, trap animals, raise plants, collect shells, scavenge and decode treasure maps.
* Flourish or Escape û Build a life comfort on the island or find a way to escape back to civilization.
* Create a Crew û Choose from a wide range of Sims: Auto Mechanic, Chef, Doctor, Musician, Teacher, Executive, or Park Ranger. Each one brings a unique Sim humor and quirkiness to your crew. Reunite members of your crew and build thriving community.
* OS: Windows XP, Vista
* CPU: 1.8 GHz or more
* RAM: 512 MB (1 GB for Vista) or more
* Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD-ROM drive
* Hard Drive: 2.9 GB (15 GB for Vista) or more free space
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible